The N4 village connects people living in Northern Nevada for inclusive, community-based services, volunteer opportunities, and affordable transportation.
By valuing the assets and gifts of each community member and organization, N4 is shaping the culture in Northern Nevada to ensure everyone has full community access. N4's current programs include:
N4's current programs include:
- Community Care provides people with disabilities and older adults in-home and community-focused services that increase engagement by using a person/family-centered approach to care planning. Types of services offered include respite services for family care partners, companion services, personal care, social, recreational and educational activities, and information and referral to community resources.
- N4 Connect helps people with disabilities and adults over 60 access affordable supplemental transportation with a 50% discount on Lyft rides. N4 Connect members may receive up to $160 worth of Lyft rides per person each month and have the option of learning how to use Lyft with their personal smartphone, or by contacting the N4 office to schedule a concierge Lyft ride, if they do not own a smartphone. Coming January 2020, N4 will provide wheelchair accessible transportation in the N4 Connect program using a new 12-passenger van.
- Time Exchange is a way for people to give and receive services without exchanging money. When a member provides a service to another member, one hour, or one time credit, is earned for each hour spent providing the service. Members can then exchange their time credits for an hour of service from someone else. One hour of service provided during an exchange is valued the same, no matter the type of work.
- Volunteer Village builds partnerships with local organizations so N4 members can opt into the volunteer pool without enrolling in the time exchange to help people become more comfortable with serving their community. This past year, more than 300 community volunteers have contributed over 1,000 hours helping various service organizations in Washoe County.
- N4 Transit Planning for All is designed to gather the information needed to help facilitate the development of local inclusive transportation systems in which people with disabilities, older adults, and family care partners actively participate in both advisory and decision-making capacities.
- Healthy Community includes monthly Healthy Choices workshops to share information about health topics and ways to find local health-related resources. Workshops are open to anyone; however, content is specifically geared toward people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. N4 has also adopted Ivan Sack Park through the Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful (KTMB) Adopt-A-Park program and organizes regular park clean-ups, participates in city-wide river clean-ups, and hosts a Christmas Tree Recycling project after the holidays.
General Advocacy Animals Arts & Culture Autism Civic Engagement Community Economic Development General Education Environment Environmental Education Gender Health Immigrants & Refugees LGBTQ+ Non-Profit Business Services Nutrition Older Adults Persons with Disabilities Professional Development Special Needs Tutor Veterans & Military Families
12 People | 25 Impacts | 35 Hours