will support the Delivering with Dignity program by picking up food packages from restaurants and delivering them to those most in need in our community. Your decision to give your time and effort will help ensure our most vulnerable families and seniors have access to high-quality meals and stay connected to the community, while staying safe at home.A typical shift of volunteering as a Food Hero:
- Confirmation and restaurant details will be sent the day prior to your shift.
- Arrive at the restaurant by 12:30.
- Expect 5 to 7 deliveries.
* Volunteers are determined daily based on client need, therefore your volunteer shift is not guaranteed.
Please review the information below for some important details all Food Heroes need to know:All Food Heroes must meet the following criteria to volunteer:
We want to remind you that it is essential to use social distancing practices throughout the delivery process:
- Must NOT be in the "at-risk" group as defined by CDC guidelines for COVID-19
- Must be currently employed, on laid-off status, a student fulfilling internship requirements, or actively involved with community organizations - if you have any questions about qualifying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have an automobile with current automobile insurance
- Must be 18 or older - do not bring children along for the ride
- Cape, leotard, and tights optional!
- Must maintain 6 feet of separation
- Do not hug or touch clients
- Leave food on the client's doorstep and do not go inside